The project Inclusion International combines the fields of action "internationalization" and "e- Inclusion" (support of people with disabilities through modern information and communication technologies). Through the development and implementation of targeted measures, the project addresses current challenges of the Internationalization Strategy 2025 of the UAS Technikum Wien – in particular the increase of student and staff mobility, the provision of new internationalization activities for different faculties and study programs as well as the intensification of cooperation with international partner universities.
Specifically, the project Inclusion International develops and applies didactic concepts that transfer existing results from R&D projects in the field of ICT-based assistive technologies (AT) into international teaching and learning formats. Special emphasis is placed on teaching practical skills and abilities, and materials and kits are made available so that functional AT modules can be produced in project-based teaching modules, which are then made available to international partner organizations as open source hardware and software, allowing people with disabilities to benefit directly from the project results.
Together with the four partner universities – Czech Technical University (CVUT) - Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics (Prague, Czech Republic), Ss. Cyril and Methodius University - Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (UKIM) (Skopje, Republic of Macedonia), South East Technological University (SETU, formerly Waterford Institute of Technology) (Waterford, Ireland) and Transilvania University of Brasov (UNITBV) (Brasov, Romania), the following measures will be implemented in the course of the project:
- Workshops and guest lectures at international stakeholders with different target groups (students/teachers from partner universities, companies/care institutions, users).
- Further development of “Internationalization at Home” concepts as well as expansion and increased use of existing online learning platforms and e-learning cooperations (e-Learning-Sharing Hub).
- Development of project-based courses for the Campus International of the UAS Technikum Wien in order to promote international teams of ERASMUS+ students and UASW TW students.
- Targeted R&D activities to further develop the practical modules and transfer contemporary content into teaching (especially into teaching concerning accessibility of digital systems and the Internet-of-Things).
- Organization and implementation of an International Hackathon and an International Summer School at the UAS Technikum Wien in the second and third project year, respectively.
This project is funded by the City of Vienna, department MA23.
Project Duration: Sep. 1, 2022 to Aug. 31, 2025